MECB Background & Introduction

Editor

MECB Background & Introduction

Post by Editor »

Europe Card Bus (ECB) is a Retro CPU Bus standard from the late 1970’s / early 1980’s.

The “Minimalist Europe Card Bus” (as I call it), is a Retro 8-bit CPU Bus based PCB design standard that I decided to define & document. The purpose of which is to provide a modular platform for me to re-experience the fun of experimenting with the different 8-bit CPU’s, and the various video and peripheral devices, that I grew up with in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s.

Join me for an Introduction of MECB, and the Background that lead me down this path. Also, a few previews of some of the MECB boards I’ve been developing, to date. You'll find all this here: Minimalist Europe Card Bus (MECB) – Background & Introduction

EDIT (23-Jan-2024): The above Background & Introduction post has now been updated with official MECB Bus Pinout documentation, making it a lot easier to reference the Bus pinout (previously the pinout was only evident from the various KiCAD schematics).
This update was featured in a blog post here: Bus Pinout Documented!
bugeyedcreepy

Re: MECB Background & Introduction

Post by bugeyedcreepy »

So, I've made it here safe & sound - I don't suppose there's any kind of roadmap planned for MECB? or perhaps even a feature request/hardware suggestion for us mere end users looking for such a kit system to contribute to? I'm still learning how to use the tools for MECB compatible creations (KiCAD, ASSIST09, etc.), but in time, I'll be in a position to keep my idle hands away from the Devil...

:|
Editor

Re: MECB Background & Introduction

Post by Editor »

bugeyedcreepy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:32 amI don't suppose there's any kind of roadmap planned for MECB? or perhaps even a feature request/hardware suggestion for us mere end users looking for such a kit system to contribute to?
Excellant suggestion. I've now added a Sticky topic to this forum, for just this purpose. :D

See here: MECB Roadmap / Index